In this episode, I talk with Dr Willie Parker about his book, Life’s Work: A Moral Argument for Choice
Morals, religion and the principles of right and wrong are often cited by the anti-abortion community as a reason to deny women and pregnant people this basic medical care. Using his personal experience and a deep understanding of the issue, Dr Willie Parker - OBGYN, abortion provider and lifelong Christian - makes the powerful moral case for championing reproductive rights.
Some topics of discussion include:
- His upbringing in the Deep South and how his race and religion have influenced his perspective of what his patients are going through
- His decision to start performing abortions, moving from not doing them to seeing it as his moral duty and calling in life
- What the Bible says about abortion... or lack thereof
- The women who find themselves in need of his services, along with what will happen to them after Roe v Wade is overturned
- What gives him hope for the future
Powered by The Trouble Club: use the code STORY25 to get 25% off all Trouble ticket sales and membership payments
Transcription is available here
Join the storytellers:
...and help elevate woman’s story to our main narrative!
Subscribe to the newsletter
- Subscribe, rate and review on iTunes, apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts
- Share with a friend, colleague or family member
- Become a Patreon for access to bonus content and to support the podcast, or buy me a (metaphorical) coffee
- Check out The Story of Woman bookstore filled with 100's of books like this one. Any books purchased through the website links support this podcast AND local bookstores!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? I’d love to hear from you!