In this episode, I talk with Cynthia Changyit Levin about her book, From Changing Diapers to Changing the World: Why Moms Make Great Advocates and How to Get Started.
Advocacy is a great way to get involved in driving change in our communities, yet very few of us ever actually learn how to become one. With over a decade of experience, Cynthia offers a step-by-step guide on how to be an effective advocate - in the US and beyond. While her book centres around mom advocates, anyone can learn from and be inspired by it!
Some topics of discussion include:
- Why moms make great advocates
- What people can get out of advocacy work (it’s not about being a martyr!)
- How you as one person can make a difference
- The importance of non-partisan advocacy
- Practical steps to get started today!
Powered by The Trouble Club: use the code STORY25 to get 25% off all Trouble ticket sales and membership payments
Transcription is available here
Mentioned in the episode:
- Bread for the Word
- One Campaign
- Moms Rising
- Mom’s Demand Action
- US Citizens Climate Lobby
- Friends Committee
- ONE Campaign
- Little Lobbyists
- The Murder Bot Diaries - Martha Wells
- How to Be an Antiracist - Ibram X. Kendi
Join the storytellers:
...and help elevate woman’s story to our main narrative!
Subscribe to the newsletter
- Subscribe, rate and review on iTunes, apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts
- Share with a friend, colleague or family member
- Become a Patreon for access to bonus content and to support the podcast, or buy me a (metaphorical) coffee
- Check out The Story of Woman bookstore filled with 100's of books like this one. Any books purchased through the website links support this podcast AND local bookstores!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? I’d love to hear from you!