In this episode, I talk with Natalie Lee about her book, Feeling Myself: How I shed my shame to find sexual freedom and you can too.
Exposing the shame that many of us feel with sex, Natalie Lee takes us through her own journey from traumatic beginnings to sexual freedom. She tells the story of learning to be your true self in a society that doesn't prioritise women’s pleasure, and provides tools for every woman to feel empowered and experience their own emancipation.
Some topics of discussion include:
- Why sex is so important
- Where the shame and stigma surrounding women’s pleasure comes from
- Virginity, porn, orgasms and masturbation
- The problem with calling some sexual acts “foreplay”
- How Natalie shed her shame to find sexual freedom
- Tools for shedding our own shame, and how to raise kids to do the same
Powered by The Trouble Club: use the code STORY25 to get 25% off all Trouble ticket sales and membership payments
Become a Patreon for access to the bonus interview with Natalie!
Transcription is available here
Buy the book: here
Mentioned in the episode:
- How To Do The Work - Dr Nicole LePera
- Bi - Julie Shaw
- Finding Me - Viola Davis
- Existential Kink - Carolyn Elliott
- Come As You Are - Emily Nagoski
- Find Your True Voice - Emmy Brunner
- [“Discovering” the clitoris in 2005](https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-clitoris-uncovered-an-intimate-history/#:~:text=In 2005 Australian urologist Helen,ever dared to point out.)
Join the storytellers:
...and help elevate woman’s story to our main narrative!
Subscribe to the newsletter
- Subscribe, rate and review on iTunes, apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts
- Share with a friend, colleague or family member
- Become a Patreon for access to bonus content and to support the podcast
- Buy me a (metaphorical) coffee
- Check out The Story of Woman bookstore filled with 100's of books like this one. Any books purchased through the website links support this podcast AND local bookstores!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? I’d love to hear from you!