REPLAY OF EPISODE ONE
In this episode, I talk with Mary Ann Sieghart about her book, The Authority Gap.
Called “the mother of all gender gaps”, Mary Ann exposes the unseen bias at work in our everyday lives, revealing the enormous gap that still persists between men and women, along with how to address it in ways that benefit us all.
Some topics of discussion include:
- Why women are still taken less seriously than men, and why people feel uncomfortable with female leaders
- The unconscious bias that is perpetuated by both men and women
- How powerful world leaders such as Hillary Clinton and Angela Merkel experience the authority gap
- Backlash resulting from “the dangers of having an opinion and a vagina”
- What men, women and society stand to gain by tackling the authority gap
- What individuals and institutions can do about it
Powered by The Trouble Club: use the code STORY25 to get 25% off all Trouble ticket sales and membership payments
The quotes you will hear read during the interview are taken directly from the book, The Authority Gap.
Transcription of this episode is available here
Mentioned in this episode:
- French Braid - Anne Tyler
- Girl, Woman, Other - Bernadine Evaristo
- Women: Know Your Limits! Harry Enfield - BBC comedy
Join the storytellers:
...and help elevate woman’s story to our main narrative!
Subscribe to the newsletter
- Subscribe, rate and review on iTunes, apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts
- Share with a friend, colleague or family member
- Become a Patreon for access to bonus content and to support the podcast, or buy me a (metaphorical) coffee
- Check out The Story of Woman bookstore filled with 100's of books like this one. Any books purchased through the website links support this podcast AND local bookstores!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? I’d love to hear from you!