Wondering what The Story of Woman is all about? This episode has the answers!
In this introduction episode, I talk about:
Part 1: the story | 2:20 - 19:35
- what is “the story of woman” and why it’s important
- what the story of humankind looks like when half of it is missing
- the social construct of gender, aka the performance of a lifetime
- woman’s “special” category, eg scientists... and women scientists
- personal and societal benefits of adding woman’s story into the main narrative
- what’s in it for men
- intersecting layers of oppression... there is no single story of woman
Part 2: the podcast | 19:35 - end
- the purpose of this podcast
- recurring sections in each episode
- men are losers too (in gender inequality of course)
- feminism gets a bad rap... because the narrative has been a bit one-sided...
- your story
- season one authors
Transcription of this episode is available here.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Ted Talk: We Should All be Feminists
Powered by The Trouble Club: use the code STORY25 to get 25% off all Trouble ticket sales and membership payments
Join the storytellers:
...and help elevate woman’s story to our main narrative!
Subscribe to the newsletter
- Subscribe, rate and review on iTunes, apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts
- Share with a friend, colleague or family member
- Become a Patreon for access to bonus content and to support the podcast, or buy me a (metaphorical) coffee
- Check out The Story of Woman bookstore filled with 100's of books like this one. Any books purchased through the website links support this podcast AND local bookstores!
Questions? Comments? Feedback? I’d love to hear from you!